The Next Decade of Electric Cars: What You Should Know – https://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/electric/future-of-electric-cars/
As governments push to reduce carbon emissions, electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming more accessible and viable options for consumers whilst also balancing the need to protect the environment.
The guide shares useful information such as:
- A good overview of EVs – including a look at its history from the very first electric car in the 1800s to the hybrids and Teslas of our modern era.
- The environmental and economic benefits of driving an electric car and what the upcoming 2030 petrol and diesel car ban will mean for consumers.
- Advice for owning electric vehicles – including costs (taxes, insurance, servicing, resale values), government subsidies for EVs, and tips charging at home or for long journeys.
- The future technologies and developments we can look forward to as electric vehicles become mainstream.
Here are a few interesting statistics found on the guide:
- Travelling 100 miles can be 850% cheaper in an electric vehicle vs. a petrol or diesel engine car.
- As many as 6.5 million people (24% of UK consumers) plan on owning an electric car by 2026.
- There are now over 515,000 electric cars registered in the UK as of 2021.