Finding your nearest Mobility Centre
For information on assessments, driving tuition or advice on any mobility related query, enter your postcode at https://www.drivingmobility.org.uk/find-a-centre/ to find your nearest centre.
Driving licence queries
- How to apply for a driving licence, change your name or address on your licence or other licensing queries – contact DVLA on 0300 790 6801 or see https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y/driving-licences-and-applications
- If you have received a form D497 from DVLA, are unsure which codes to select and you are already using driving adaptations, contact DVLA on 0300 790 6806. If you are not already using adaptations and need an assessment to determine which adaptations you will need, contact your nearest Mobility Centre using our ‘Find a Centre’ page https://www.drivingmobility.org.uk/find-a-centre/
Driving test bookings and enquiries
Contact DVSA on 0300 200 1122 or book online at https://www.gov.uk/book-driving-test
Motability Scheme queries
- Who can join and how to join the Scheme
- Types of vehicles available on the Scheme
- How to apply for charitable grants from Motability for driving lessons and car adaptations
Contact Motability on 0300 456 4566 or visit https://www.motability.co.uk/about-the-scheme/
For information on benefits for disabled people including PIP, other financial support and the Blue Badge Scheme, see https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits/disability
Organisations who can provide financial help
PLEASE NOTE: unfortunately Driving Mobility does not provide funding for driving lessons or driving adaptations. If you are not eligible to apply for a charitable grant from Motability (please see above), you can find a list of organisations who provide financial help at https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Get-Support
How to organise a driving assessment and how much does it cost
See https://www.drivingmobility.org.uk/our-services/driving-assessments/. Please contact your nearest Mobility Centre https://www.drivingmobility.org.uk/find-a-centre/ for information on costs.
For all other enquiries or if you cannot find the contact details you need, please contact us. Please note that our telephone is only manned on a part-time basis but if you leave a message we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Tel: 0800 559 3636
Registered Office: 2, Princes Street, Truro, TR1 2ES