Teams from Derby DrivAbility and Birmingham’s Regional Driving Assessment Centre (RDAC) will be representing Driving Mobility at Motability’s ‘The Big Event’ on Friday 28 June and Saturday 29 June 2019. The teams will be on hand to explain to visitors how Driving Mobility centres operate and the varied services they provide.
In addition to the main stand, RDAC’s Stephen Dent, Assessment Manager, (Friday) and Barbara Hutton, Occupational Therapist, (Saturday) will be delivering talks on ‘advice and support available at driving assessment centres’ at 1pm on both days in the main Speaker Area.
The Big Event brings together everything available on the Motability Scheme to make joining the Scheme as easy as possible. It’s free to attend and a great day out for the whole family. There will be:
- Nearly 200 cars, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs), adaptations, scooters and powered wheelchairs on display
- The opportunity to test drive adapted and non-adapted cars, including passenger WAV test drive experiences
- Expert speakers giving talks on all aspects of the Scheme
- Motability Scheme advisors available to chat to
- Free parking, free tea, coffee or soft drink
- A children’s play area including a bouncy castle and more…
The event will showcase:
- Over 100 cars from 27 different manufacturers
- Over 45 adapted cars and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV)
- Over 50 scooters and powered wheelchairs
- Specialist advice from our Scheme partners
You can download your free event guide here: https://www.motability.co.uk/tbe_guide_2019.pdf