‘The Big Event’ is Motability’s flagship event and the teams had a busy two days on the Driving Mobility stand.
Henna Zaman, Derby DrivAbility and Steve Dent, RDAC (above) were ready and waiting to say hello to visitors on day one. They answered any questions visitors had about assessment centre services, driving assessments, modifications, adaptations, driving safety and vehicle loading. They also demonstrated the Ford C Max to visitors.
In addition to the stand activity Steve Dent, Assessment Manager, and Barbara Hutton, Occupational Therapist delivered talks on ‘advice and support available at driving assessment centres’ in the busy main Speaker Area.
The One Big Day programme of events will now take place in four locations across the country, offering disabled motorists and their families the chance to discover worry-free motoring. The regional One Big Days are free to attend and offer visitors the chance to see a large display of vehicles for disabled people.
The event will showcase:
- Over 50 cars from 25 different manufacturers
- Over 20 adapted cars and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV)
- Over 35 scooters and powered wheelchairs
- Specialist advice from our Scheme partners
At One Big Day Exeter specialist advice will be available from:
- Motability Scheme advisors
- Adaptation and WAV specialists
- Disabled Motoring UK
- Driving Mobility
- Kwikfit, RAC and RSA Motability
The One Big Day event dates and venues are:
- One Big Day at Westpoint, Exeter, Saturday 27 July 2019
- One Big Day at Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate, Saturday 10 August 2019
- One Big Day at East of England Arena, Peterborough, Saturday 7 September 2019
- One Big Day at Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh, Saturday 21 September 2019
Please check the Motability website for more information: https://www.motability.co.uk/news-views-and-events/one-big-day/