Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Older Drivers Forum will be running an awareness week from Monday 1st October to Friday 5th October 2018. Staff from the Wessex Drivability Mobility Centre will also be attending to offer advice and information to older drivers.
Events are open between 9.30am to 3pm for people to just pop in at any time throughout the day and are FREE to attend.
Monday 1st October – New Forest
Brockenhurst Village Hall
Tuesday 2nd October – Southampton
Haskins Garden Centre
Wednesday 3rd October – Waterlooville
Waterlooville Community Centre
10 Maurepas Way – By Asda
Thursday 4th October – Basingstoke – Open till 6pm
Festival Place Shopping Centre
Outside Marks and Spencers
Friday 5th October – Isle of Wight
St Thomas’s Square and Newport Minster
Isle of Wight
Each day’s aim was to help you stay on the road safely for longer.
Advice will be available on:
- Brushing up your skills
- Booking a driving assessment
- Arranging a regular eyesight test
- Getting advice on health and well being issues that could affect your driving ability
- Renewing your licence at 70
- Learn more about road safety and the consequences of not being fit to drive
- Discover alternatives to driving and staying independent without a car, and much more
The event will also be supported by Boots Opticians conducting free eyesight tests and answering any eyesight questions people may have.
More information is available on the Older Drivers Forum website at https://olderdriversforum.com/