Powered wheelchair and mobility scooter (PWMS)
Driver Safety Assessment Scheme – training for retail and hire staff
Introducing a pilot scheme from Driving Mobility, supported by The Department for Transport, to train mobility product retailers and hirers in consistent and accredited safe driving guidance for end users.
Introductory scheme video
Sign up now for staff training – it’s FREE!
Complete the form below for interest in PWMS Driver Safety Assessment Scheme training
What is the PWMS Driving Safety Assessment Scheme?
- 3-hour online training and half a day at one of our centres, for one member of your staff
- Provided by clinicians at 13 Driving Mobility centres
- Achieve official certification
Why should your business get involved?
- Improved service and support of customers
- Increased customer safety
- Strengthen your reputation
- Increase business through customer satisfaction
What is the aim of the training?
By educating your customers through staff training, they will:
- Be more aware of road safety
- Understand the relevant parts of The Highway Code
- Have greater competence when driving
- Have improved confidence and peace of mind
Why is it being introduced now??
- The increase in mobility scooter and powerchair ownership can contribute to road safety issues
- More and more dealers are asking for training
- Legislation is over 30 years old and needs updating
- There is no consistent approach to safe scooter driving across the UK