Leeds AccessAbility returns to give independence to adults and children with disabilities
Organised by the William Merritt Centre, the event will give options and advice on Assistive Technology, Equipment and Driving for disabled people of all ages.
The William Merritt Centre, part of the Driving Mobility network, is delighted to announce the return of its AccessAbility exhibition so healthcare professionals and people with disabilities can discover the latest in adapted driving, assistive technology and mobility equipment.
15th June 2022, Centenary Pavilion, Leeds United Football Club, LS11 0ES. 10.30am to 3:00pm.
The William Merritt Centre, also based in Leeds, is an independent charity accredited by Driving Mobility – a national charity supported by The Department for Transport. Driving Mobility co-ordinates over 20 centres, many with outreach facilities, that provide ‘fitness-to-drive’ and mobility equipment assessments. Clients self-refer or are signposted from the DVLA, Motability, Police and NHS.
AccessAbility will be a fully inclusive event, for all ages, and will include experiences such as:
- Options and advice on assistive equipment – opportunities to try products which can enhance everyday life and enable greater independence.
- All aspects of driving including vehicle adaptations, accessible vehicles and a test drive circuit with new and existing drivers in mind.
- Chill out in the gaming area including advice on adaptations to enable everyone to access computers, mobile phones, tablets, toys and computer games.
- Specialist seminars offering the latest education
- Opportunities to speak to Occupational Therapists for personalised guidance.
AccessAbility will provide a rewarding and fulfilling day out for:
- Children, teenagers and adults with disabilities (14 year+ for the drive test)
- Parents and carers
- Healthcare professionals
- Older people
- Approved Driving Instructors
It offers a unique opportunity to see and try a range of services for people with disabilities, all in one location.
Find out more here: https://www.wmdlc.org/accessability-22-delegates
Book your free ticket here: https://accessability22.eventbrite.co.uk